Lexington Steel takes pride in continually promoting sustainability by recycling, reusing and repurposing steelmaking materials. In addition to recycling our scrap metal we are an environmentally-friendly corporation since we are a non-burning plant; therefore, we do not release any chemicals or harmful omissions into the environment.
We reuse and recycle our packaging materials and abide by the following code of sustainability and environmental statement.
At Lexington Steel, we abide by the following guidelines:
- We will comply with all applicable state and federal environmental laws.
- We will promote sustainability by reducing pollution and recycling our unused steel and packaging materials.
- We will train our employees to ensure that our machines are being used properly and in an environmental-friendly fashion.
- We will provide our employees with educational materials to ensure each employee is up to date on current environmental and sustainable policies.
ISO 9001:2000 Certified
About the International Organization for Standardization
ISO 9001:2000 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization:
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements, and
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
All requirements of this International Standard are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size and product provided.
Where any requirement(s) of this International Standard cannot be applied due to the nature of an organization and its product, this can be considered for exclusion.
Where exclusions are made, claims of conformity to this International Standard are not acceptable unless these exclusions are limited to requirements within clause 7, and such exclusions do not affect the organization’s ability, or responsibility, to provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements.